Leading Edge Digital Educator Certification and Voki

This fall I am fortunate to be participating the Leading Edge Digital Educator Certification.  Our district sponsored a special CUSD cohort, so while most of the classes are conducted online, when we do have to meet it's conveniently at one of our schools.  They also generously paid for all of our registration fees, showing a real commitment to ongoing professional development.  Over the course of 8 weeks, the 20 or so dedicated teachers in our cohort will be actively participating in online discussions, reflections, and assignments.

Our first assignment was to begin or continue to develop our digital presence by creating an avatar on Voki.  I had seen examples of Voki before, but this was my first time actually creating my own Voki.  After creating a character and background, I was instructed to introduce myself and to explain why it is important to create a productive and positive digital presence.

Our instructor, Martin Cisneros, also provided a helpful Voki Tutorial.

The final part of our assignment was to share our finished Voki on our own professional website or community space.  So you can view my finished assignment below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Grade Dash Robot Biography Project

3rd Grade Dash Robot Life Cycle Exhibition Projects

Dash Robots and the 4 Regions of California